VALLEY, Wash. - The Spokane Investigative Regional Response Team is investigating a deadly shooting involving a Stevens County deputy.
Just before 11 p.m. Friday, a suicidal man called the Stevens County Dispatch Center. Deputies responded to the man's home on the 3600 block of Deer Creek Road in Valley. A confrontation happened between deputies and the man. A shot was fired and the man was hit.
Ambulances arrived and the man was pronounced dead.
The SIRRT was called out to investigate, with the assistance of the Stevens County Sheriff's Office. The deputies involved in the shooting were not injured and they have been placed on administrative leave.
Police were at the house investigating until at least 6 a.m. Saturday.
An autopsy will be performed on the man next week. His identify has not been released by the Stevens County Coroner's Office.
- Bloomsday Run adjusts to Riverfront Park's redesign
- 4 Things to Know for April 24th
- Post Falls Police search for two young runaways
- Driver arrested after Spokane Valley crash injures four juveniles
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school