SPOKANE, Wash. - Spokane Police Chief Frank Straub issued the following statement after the sentencing hearing of Karl Thompson.
"Today's decision brings closure to a very difficult time in our city's history. Both the people of Spokane and the Spokane Police Department have learned much from this tragic incident."
"It is now time for our community to heal and move forward. The Spokane Police Department is committed to serving all members of our community with dignity and respect, continuing introspection and improvement and developing positive dialogue and interaction with those we serve."
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River
- Trinity Catholic School breaks ground on new facillity