MOSCOW, Idaho - A pilot performing at an air show at a Republican Party fundraiser is dead after crashing a few miles north of Moscow.
The Latah County Sheriff's Office says 60-year-old Randy Humble of Moscow died in the crash around 5:30 p.m. Saturday near the town of Viola.
Latah County Republicans were holding their annual fundraiser and picnic at the time.
The sheriff's office says witnesses reported hearing the aircraft's engine revving loudly just before it crashed.
The pilot was alone in the plane and died at the scene.
The FAA will launch an investigation into what caused the crash.
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Trinity Catholic School breaks ground on new facillity
- New report says Spokane spends $1M on cops in schools
- Spokane man splits top prize in television reality show
- A robot that picks apples? Replacing humans worries some