PATEROS, Wash. - A man from Philadelphia was struck and killed by an ambulance near the north central Washington town of Pateros.
The Washington State Patrol says 20-year-old Kevin M. Lang was walking on the shoulder of Highway 97 about 3 a.m. Sunday when he was hit.
Trooper Darren Wright says the ambulance was returning from a patient transfer and the driver saw the pedestrian and tried to move away, but Lang apparently stepped into traffic. Troopers are still investigating.
- Preparing for potential flooding
- Private plowers celebrating winter weather
- Providence Health Care restricting visitors to combat flu season
- Statuses updated for injured Bonner deputies, suspected shooter
- Spokane Public Schools explains decision to hold class Wednesday
- Spokane crews working to fight potential floods