PATEROS, Wash. - A man from Philadelphia was struck and killed by an ambulance near the north central Washington town of Pateros.
The Washington State Patrol says 20-year-old Kevin M. Lang was walking on the shoulder of Highway 97 about 3 a.m. Sunday when he was hit.
Trooper Darren Wright says the ambulance was returning from a patient transfer and the driver saw the pedestrian and tried to move away, but Lang apparently stepped into traffic. Troopers are still investigating.
- Community helps SPD find hit and run suspect
- Several rallies, marches fill Spokane
- Woman arrested for South Hill hit and run
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives