KENNEWICK, Wash. - A pedestrian was killed and a bicyclist was injured in separate accidents Wednesday with 15 minutes and two blocks of each other in Kennewick.
The Tri-City Herald reports a man who just stepped off a bus was hit by a pickup truck as he walked through a parking lot. The driver also hit some rocks and a parked car before stopping. The 80-year-old driver told police the accelerator stuck.
A short time later the bicyclist was hit by another pickup truck and dragged 270 feet.
The paper reports some auto shop workers used a jack to free her. She was taken to Kadlec Regional Medical Center in Richland. Police say her injuries did not appear life-threatening.
- Airmen blocked access to Trump's inauguration by protesters
- Spokane police officer saves woman from burning car
- Update: Northern Idaho authorities clear deputy in fatal crash
- One person killed in early morning house fire
- Viral video features Spokane area airmen being blocked by protesters
- 92-year-old man attempts snow shoeing for first time