CHENEY, Wash. - Washington State Patrol have identified the victims in the Thursday morning crash.
29-year-old Christopher Kemp was life-flighted to Sacred Heart Medical Center. 46-year old George Swanson was taken to the same hospital via ambulance.
WSP reported Thursday morning, both were in serious condition.
WSP said the accident near the Cheney-Tyler exit off westbound I-90 all started when a driver hit a deer.
The drivers car was disabled in the right lane. A tow truck then stopped behind the disabled vehicle with its emergency lights and flashers on.
Five passengers that were inside the car, got out and stood along the right shoulder.
WSP said a white Jeep Cherokee swerved to avoid the tow truck and struck two of the pedestrians.
As they were in the process of removing the deer, another vehicle hit the pair. One of the pedestrians hit was airlifted with serious injuries to the hospital, the other was taken by ambulance to the hospital.
Westbound lanes were closed for a period of time for the helicopter to land. All lanes of traffic were reopened by 8:30 a.m.
- What to buy during Memorial Day sales
- Spokane Valley firefighters prepare for season
- Woman living on property with contaminated well worried about family's health
- Hoopfest needs YOU to volunteer
- Suspect who attempted to shoot deputy receives 13 year sentence
- Lawn mower starts large vegetation fire along Sullivan