OROFINO, Idaho - An Orofino High School student was arrested Saturday evening for threatening to do a school shooting on October 19. The student is a juvenile, so their identity will not be released.
The student's arrest came after a 3 week investigation into reports that the student made statements indicating he would do a school shooting. The student was arrested on a charge of Threatening Violence on School Grounds, and was placed in the Juvenile Detention Center in Lewiston.
Orofino police are still actively investigating 4 different bomb threats that have occurred at the school in recent weeks. No charges have been filed yet in those cases.
- NYT features Spokane Police Chief Meidl in story on policing program
- Police searching for robber who shot pot shop employee
- Making Spirits Bright, the kick-off for a month of festivities at Sacred Heart
- Bald Eagles return to Coeur d'Alene
- Thanksgiving travel conditions
- Already feeling buried in holiday stress? Who's going skiing to avoid family and friends?