Spokane Police are investigating a shooting on the 2600 block of North Martin Street in East Spokane that left a man with a life threatening injury.
Police responded to a shots fired call around 5:30 a.m. Thursday at 2608 N. Martin. There they found a person who had suffered a gunshot wound outside the home. The victim was taken to the hospital, where he is in serious condition.
Police searched for the suspect, but K9 units were unsuccessful in tracking him. The believe the shooting was drug-related.
The suspect is described as a man in his late 30s to early 40s, about 5 foot 10 inches, with short, spiked brown hair. Police believe the suspect is still armed.
"Be aware of the suspect description and anybody that sees someone like that or may have information about it or knows somebody that fits that description that they believe was in the area during that time please call," Spokane Police Sergeant Lydia Taylor said.
You're asked to call 911 if you know the individual or see him.
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position
- National Weather Service issues Ice Storm Warning for Grant County
- Thousands turn out for MLK march