Spokane Police are investigating a shooting on the 2600 block of North Martin Street in East Spokane that left a man with a life threatening injury.
Police responded to a shots fired call around 5:30 a.m. Thursday at 2608 N. Martin. There they found a person who had suffered a gunshot wound outside the home. The victim was taken to the hospital, where he is in serious condition.
Police searched for the suspect, but K9 units were unsuccessful in tracking him. The believe the shooting was drug-related.
The suspect is described as a man in his late 30s to early 40s, about 5 foot 10 inches, with short, spiked brown hair. Police believe the suspect is still armed.
"Be aware of the suspect description and anybody that sees someone like that or may have information about it or knows somebody that fits that description that they believe was in the area during that time please call," Spokane Police Sergeant Lydia Taylor said.
You're asked to call 911 if you know the individual or see him.
- City Council approves $1.75m loan for Ridpath Redevelopment
- Mail Theft Ring Suspect Arrested
- City working to fill potholes despite poor road conditions
- Wrongful death lawsuit over case of Brenda Thurman still unresolved
- Post Falls company under fire for racist image
- Officer not charged in May 2016 shooting