CHATTAROY, Wash. - One of the people caught in the explosion and fire at a mobile home in Chattaroy has died, officials at Harborview Medical Center in Seattle confirm.
Family members identified the person who died as Mike Asselin. His identity has not been released by authorities yet.
Investigators believe the explosion and fire which gutted the Chattaroy home earlier this week was an attack by Asselin against his estranged wife.
Detectives spent the day after the fire Thursday sifting through the rubble for evidence in the case, which they are investigating as a domestic violence assault.
- Driver arrested after Spokane Valley crash injures four juveniles
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line