SPOKANE, Wash. - Spokane Police have arrested one man following a SWAT situation in North Spokane.
Police and SWAT surrounded the home, where a man had barricaded himself inside with weapons.
The standoff started as a domestic violence situation just before 10 p.m. near Montgomery and Washington.
Police quickly surrounded the home and attempted to make contact with the man inside, John Hartz.
Police eventually used a chemical agent to force Hartz out of the home. Police arrested him and took him into custody.
Hartz could be charged with first degree assault and possibly burglary charges.
- 175+ "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday
- 80-year-old woman dies in northern Idaho house fire