SPOKANE, Wash. - A good Samaritan was killed in a hit and run crash off westbound Interstate 90 near the Geiger exit Friday night.
According to the Washington State Patrol, one vehicle slid off the freeway and came to a rest down an embankment. The occupants of the vehicle got out of the vehicle and were okay.
A driver, 56-year-old Scott Moore, stopped along the the freeway to help the occupants of the first car when a second vehicle lost control, slid over the embankment and hit Moore, killing him.
That driver is in custody for hit and run and vehicular homicide.
- Preparing for icy winter weather
- Neighbor of suspect shocked by shooting
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position