SPOKANE, Wash. - A good Samaritan was killed in a hit and run crash off westbound Interstate 90 near the Geiger exit Friday night.
According to the Washington State Patrol, one vehicle slid off the freeway and came to a rest down an embankment. The occupants of the vehicle got out of the vehicle and were okay.
A driver, 56-year-old Scott Moore, stopped along the the freeway to help the occupants of the first car when a second vehicle lost control, slid over the embankment and hit Moore, killing him.
That driver is in custody for hit and run and vehicular homicide.
- Community helps SPD find hit and run suspect
- Several rallies, marches fill Spokane
- Woman arrested for South Hill hit and run
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives