OMAK, Wash. - A fleeing Omak robbery suspect was wrong to think he could escape by jumping in the Okanogan River.
Tribal police had a boat in the river just downstream and plucked him out of the water.
The Wenatchee World reports the Colville tribal boat was in the river to assist people practicing for the Omak Stampede and World Famous Suicide Race.
Police arrested the 21-year-old man who was suspected of taking merchandise from the Omak Walmart and struggling with a security officer.
- Spokane police officer saves woman from burning car
- Update: Northern Idaho authorities clear deputy in fatal crash
- One person killed in early morning house fire
- Viral video features Spokane area airmen being blocked by protesters
- 92-year-old man attempts snow shoeing for first time
- Thousands participate in Spokane Women's March