OMAK, Wash. - A fleeing Omak robbery suspect was wrong to think he could escape by jumping in the Okanogan River.
Tribal police had a boat in the river just downstream and plucked him out of the water.
The Wenatchee World reports the Colville tribal boat was in the river to assist people practicing for the Omak Stampede and World Famous Suicide Race.
Police arrested the 21-year-old man who was suspected of taking merchandise from the Omak Walmart and struggling with a security officer.
- I-90 closed at Vantage Bridge due to crash
- What's considered low-income in Spokane?
- Former WSU student sentenced to 12 years for drugs
- CDA students fuse technology, creativity and garner international attention
- Carlyle to stop providing assisted living housing in October
- Monday least expensive day to fill up at the pump