The Spokane Investigative Regional Response team is taking is investigating an officer involved shooting near 1st and Magnolia in Spokane's international district.
The shooting happened around 9 p.m. Thursday night. Spokane Police Chief Frank Straub says an individual was threatening people inside Truth Ministries with a knife.
When police arrived on scene, they instructed the man to put down his weapon, but he refused. Police then tazed the man, and the individual continued to advance on officers with the weapon. Police finally shot the man.
The man was taken to the hospital with injuries. He is expected to survive.
The Washington State Patrol is taking the lead on this investigation.
- CDA students fuse technology, creativity and garner international attention
- Carlyle to stop providing assisted living housing in October
- Monday least expensive day to fill up at the pump
- Accidental drug overdoses on the rise in Spokane
- Local businesses worried about transients next door
- Spokane woman writes letter to man who broke into her car