WENATCHEE, Wash. - The Chelan County sheriff's office says a snowboarder who died Monday at the Stevens Pass ski area was an off-duty employee who has been snowboarding for at least 10 years.
The name of the 31-year-old Idaho man has not yet been released.
Witnesses told the sheriff's office he was snowboarding with no helmet in Corona Bowl, which is part of the Mill Valley area on the back side of Stevens Pass.
He was conscious when the ski patrol arrived but lost consciousness at the Nordic Center Lodge and could not be revived.
- Driver arrested after Spokane Valley crash injures four juveniles
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line