SEATTLE - The White House says President Barack Obama signed a disaster declaration Tuesday for Washington.
It orders federal aid to supplement state, tribal, and local recovery efforts in the areas affected by wildfires from July 9 to August 5. It specifically mentions Oklahoma City and the Confederated Tribes of Colville Reservation and says federal funding is available on a cost-sharing basis for hazard mitigation in all areas within the state.
The Federal Emergency Management Agency is surveying damage and may designate more counties for assistance.
- Former NAACP leader Rachel Dolezal says she can't find job
- Childcare advocates ask Washington lawmakers to invest more in childcare
- Pay-by-phone app no longer working in downtown Spokane
- Street closed on 26th and Pines due to water main break
- Zag fans face cold to catch final MBB home game
- Solid waste collectors and police collaborate to fight crime