YELLOWSTONE NATIONAL PARK, Wyo. - The National Park Service says visitation to Yellowstone National Park neared the 2 million mark at the end of July.
There were 858,857 recreational visits to Yellowstone in July and a total of 1.94 million for the first seven months of this year.
July visitation was up almost 6 percent from July 2013. And total visitation for the year is running about 100,000 more than last year.
The highest percentage growth in visitation continues to be in the number of bus passengers.
The July bus passenger numbers are up 43 percent at the South entrance, 23 percent at the West entrance, and 19 percent at the East entrance compared to last year.
July is typically the park's peak visitation month, followed in order by August, June, September, and May.
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River