YELLOWSTONE NATIONAL PARK, Wyo. - The National Park Service says visitation to Yellowstone National Park neared the 2 million mark at the end of July.
There were 858,857 recreational visits to Yellowstone in July and a total of 1.94 million for the first seven months of this year.
July visitation was up almost 6 percent from July 2013. And total visitation for the year is running about 100,000 more than last year.
The highest percentage growth in visitation continues to be in the number of bus passengers.
The July bus passenger numbers are up 43 percent at the South entrance, 23 percent at the West entrance, and 19 percent at the East entrance compared to last year.
July is typically the park's peak visitation month, followed in order by August, June, September, and May.
- Preparing for icy winter weather
- Neighbor of suspect shocked by shooting
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position