VANCOUVER, Wash. - Vancouver police say wounded motorcycle Officer Dustin Goudschaal is now in satisfactory condition. He remains in a hospital Wednesday.
He was shot seven times Monday after making a traffic stop and was wearing a ballistic vest.
More than 150 people gathered outside PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center Tuesday evening in a vigil.
KOIN reports one of the people at the Vancouver vigil was former volunteer firefighter James Bridger, who was one of the two good Samaritans who stopped to help Goudschaal. Bridger radioed dispatchers that the officer had been shot.
- Spokane family knows first hand high demand for behavioral health services
- North Monroe project to move forward despite lingering concerns
- Bloomsday looking for more volunteers
- Historic Ridpath hotel to be turned into affordable housing
- Problematic drug house in Spokane boarded up
- Local school district tackles '13 Reasons Why'