VANCOUVER, Wash. - Vancouver police say wounded motorcycle Officer Dustin Goudschaal is now in satisfactory condition. He remains in a hospital Wednesday.
He was shot seven times Monday after making a traffic stop and was wearing a ballistic vest.
More than 150 people gathered outside PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center Tuesday evening in a vigil.
KOIN reports one of the people at the Vancouver vigil was former volunteer firefighter James Bridger, who was one of the two good Samaritans who stopped to help Goudschaal. Bridger radioed dispatchers that the officer had been shot.
- Statuses updated for injured Bonner deputies, suspected shooter
- Spokane Public Schools explains decision to hold class Wednesday
- Spokane crews working to fight potential floods
- Police investigate north Spokane shooting
- WSP responded to 100+ vehicle crashes in Spokane area Wednesday morning
- I-90 over Snoqualmie Pass closed all day, night