WOODLAND, Wash. - Police say a Woodland woman burned a 3-year-old boy's hand with a hot iron and pushed him down a flight of stairs.
The boy was taken Wednesday to a Vancouver hospital where the staff suspected the burns and head trauma were child abuse and called police.
Police questioned the father and his 33-year-old live-in girlfriend. She was arrested for investigation of child assault.
Police say the boy was transferred to Randall Children's Hospital in Portland in serious condition.
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line
- Providence Health Care to break ground on new behavioral health hospital