WOODLAND, Wash. - Police say a Woodland woman burned a 3-year-old boy's hand with a hot iron and pushed him down a flight of stairs.
The boy was taken Wednesday to a Vancouver hospital where the staff suspected the burns and head trauma were child abuse and called police.
Police questioned the father and his 33-year-old live-in girlfriend. She was arrested for investigation of child assault.
Police say the boy was transferred to Randall Children's Hospital in Portland in serious condition.
- Neighbors shocked about Blanchard shooting
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- 179 "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday