WOODLAND, Wash. - Police in the southwest Washington town of Woodland say they're investigating after crews responded to a house fire and found what appeared to be a homicide victim.
Woodland Police Sgt. Brad Gillaspie says Clark County Fire and Rescue crews found the deceased male Tuesday morning when they responded to the fire on Dahlia Street.
Authorities characterized the scene and evidence as suspicious, and they're investigating the death as a homicide.
No additional information was immediately released.
- Police arrest convicted felon with citizen's help
- End is in sight for Airway Heights water crisis
- Daughter of Spokane officer charged in kidnapping
- Bicyclist suffers life-threatening injuries after being hit by car
- 3 people shot and wounded in Spokane last weekend
- Arrest of man on mental health hold turns violent