WOODINVILLE, Wash. - A sewage treatment plant at Woodinville has started advertising its availability as a wedding venue.
The Brightwater Wastewater Treatment Center says on Facebook it has a full catering kitchen, audio-video equipment, dance floor and ample parking.
You could even hold the wedding outside.
The director of the Brightwater Environmental Education and Community Center, Susan Tallarico, tells KIRO receptions would take place just steps away from where raw sewage is processed. She says there's no odor. All the processing is contained.
The King County plant was finished three years ago but has been available for rent for about seven months.
It costs $2,000 to rent the center for eight hours. One couple has already booked the sewage plant for their nuptials.
- Woman arrested for South Hill hit and run
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties