WOODINVILLE, Wash. - A sewage treatment plant at Woodinville has started advertising its availability as a wedding venue.
The Brightwater Wastewater Treatment Center says on Facebook it has a full catering kitchen, audio-video equipment, dance floor and ample parking.
You could even hold the wedding outside.
The director of the Brightwater Environmental Education and Community Center, Susan Tallarico, tells KIRO receptions would take place just steps away from where raw sewage is processed. She says there's no odor. All the processing is contained.
The King County plant was finished three years ago but has been available for rent for about seven months.
It costs $2,000 to rent the center for eight hours. One couple has already booked the sewage plant for their nuptials.
- Preparing for icy winter weather
- Neighbor of suspect shocked by shooting
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position