BOISE, Idaho - An apparent outbreak of norovirus has caused officials to cancel visits this weekend at the South Boise Women's Correctional Center.
It's the second week in a row visits have been canceled at the facility for minimum security female offenders
Officials tell the Idaho Statesman that the spread of the disease has been slowed, and canceling visits this weekend will limit additional exposure.
Officials say staff and inmates have been using bleach to disinfect the facility, and sports drinks are being given to sick inmates to keep them hydrated.
- Neighbors shocked about Blanchard shooting
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- 179 "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday