BOISE, Idaho - An apparent outbreak of norovirus has caused officials to cancel visits this weekend at the South Boise Women's Correctional Center.
It's the second week in a row visits have been canceled at the facility for minimum security female offenders
Officials tell the Idaho Statesman that the spread of the disease has been slowed, and canceling visits this weekend will limit additional exposure.
Officials say staff and inmates have been using bleach to disinfect the facility, and sports drinks are being given to sick inmates to keep them hydrated.
- Monday least expensive day to fill up at the pump
- Accidental drug overdoses on the rise in Spokane
- Local businesses worried about transients next door
- Spokane woman writes letter to man who broke into her car
- Don't leave valuable property in your car
- Spokane has high interest in World Naked Gardening Day