BLACKFOOT, Idaho - The Bingham County sheriff says a woman witnessed the fatal shooting of a man at a residence about 20 miles northeast of Blackfoot.
Sheriff Craig Rowland says a neighbor called 911 just before 8 p.m. Monday to report the shooting. The victim, 21-year-old Miguel Davalos, died at the scene.
Rowland told the Post Register on Tuesday that a woman who was with Davalos saw the shooting and provided authorities a description of those involved.
Rowland would not release the suspect description or details about how many times, where and with what type of weapon Davalos was shot. He did say he did not believe the public was in danger.
Coroner Mike Gardner said an autopsy was scheduled Wednesday.
- Community helps SPD find hit and run suspect
- Several rallies, marches fill Spokane
- Woman arrested for South Hill hit and run
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives