SEATTLE - A woman accused of taking a pickup truck with two small children inside from a Federal Way, Wash., parking lot has been charged with kidnapping and car theft.
KOMO reports surveillance video shows Natalie Hulme talking with the driver Feb. 28 then jumping into her truck and driving away as the mother pounds on the windows.
King County prosecutors say the truck stopped a short time later with flat tires in Kent where the 49-year-old Lakewood woman tried to carjack another vehicle near Riverbend Golf Course. She was held by golfers until police arrived.
Two girls, 5 and 2 years old, in the pickup truck were OK. The 5-year-old told police Hulme tore the ear off her stuffed animal.
- 4 Things To Know For April 26
- Spokane family knows first hand high demand for behavioral health services
- North Monroe project to move forward despite lingering concerns
- Bloomsday looking for more volunteers
- Historic Ridpath hotel to be turned into affordable housing
- Problematic drug house in Spokane boarded up