Billings, MT - A 23-year-old Hardin woman was struck and killed while walking on Highway 212 between Crow Agency and Busby.
The Montana Highway Patrol says the woman and two men, who were highly intoxicated, were walking along the road wearing dark clothing when the woman apparently wandered toward the road just before 8 p.m. Sunday.
Trooper Eric Winburn says the two men who were with her believed she was hit by a passing semi tractor-trailer and thrown several feet. The truck did not stop and Winburn says it's possible the driver didn't know he hit anyone.
Officers located the woman's body at about 1 a.m.
Winburn says an autopsy is planned. The woman's name hasn't been released.
- Update: Northern Idaho authorities clear deputy in fatal crash
- One person killed in early morning house fire
- Viral video features Spokane area airmen being blocked by protesters
- 92-year-old man attempts snow shoeing for first time
- Thousands participate in Spokane Women's March
- Thousands turn out for Women's March on Spokane