Gresham, OR - A woman who was shot Saturday morning at her Gresham apartment has died.
The Multnomah County medical examiner's office told The Oregonian an autopsy is scheduled Monday on 27-year-old Jessie Doyle Cavett.
Police believe she was shot by Joshua Cavett who abducted their 2-year-old daughter, triggering an Amber alert, because he does not have legal custody of the child.
The girl was found safe Saturday night and officers arrested the 36-year-old Cavett at a Gresham apartment.
Police say they are looking for a possible witness to the shooting, 28-year-old Keshia Moritz.
- Bloomsday Run adjusts to Riverfront Park's redesign
- 4 Things to Know for April 24th
- Post Falls Police search for two young runaways
- Driver arrested after Spokane Valley crash injures four juveniles
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school