SEATTLE, Wash. - A woman was shot in the head and critically wounded early Monday at a downtown Seattle intersection.
And, police say an officer who heard shots was headed toward the gunfire about 1:10 a.m. when the patrol car was hit by another car that also crashed into a parked car. The officer and driver are not injured. The driver is held for questioning.
Other officers found the wounded woman. Fire department medics took her to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle with life threatening injuries.
In addition, a man who was dropped off at an emergency room with a gunshot wound to the foot is being questioned about the incident.
KIRO reports it started as a fight in a nightclub. Witnesses reported hearing five shots as people ran.
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday
- 80-year-old woman dies in northern Idaho house fire
- Mexico club shooting: Spokane woman one of the injured