BOISE, Idaho - A woman who set fire to her southeast Boise home with her three children inside has been sentenced to 20 years in prison.
KTVB-TV reports that Jodi Bassett received the sentence Wednesday in 4th District Court and must serve three years before becoming eligible for parole.
Court records say the children were able to escape unharmed before explosions blew out windows and left the garage door bulging.
Bassett pleaded guilty in June to arson and felony injury.
She apologized to her children in court on Wednesday.
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line
- Providence Health Care to break ground on new behavioral health hospital