BOISE, Idaho - A woman who set fire to her southeast Boise home with her three children inside has been sentenced to 20 years in prison.
KTVB-TV reports that Jodi Bassett received the sentence Wednesday in 4th District Court and must serve three years before becoming eligible for parole.
Court records say the children were able to escape unharmed before explosions blew out windows and left the garage door bulging.
Bassett pleaded guilty in June to arson and felony injury.
She apologized to her children in court on Wednesday.
- I-90 over Snoqualmie Pass closed all day, night
- Man killed in weekend officer-involved shooting identified
- Neighbors shocked about Blanchard shooting
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- 179 "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting