Belgrade, MT - A second woman has pleaded guilty to prostitution charges that followed August raids at two Belgrade massage parlors.
The Bozeman Daily Chronicle reports 52-year-old Jihong "Lily" Yu of Belgrade pleaded guilty Thursday to a reduced charge of misdemeanor prostitution. Through a Chinese interpreter, Yu told District Judge John Brown that she had sex for money.
She was initially charged with felony promotion of prostitution.
Yu was given a six-month suspended jail sentence and fined $500 as part of a plea agreement, matching the sentence given to 52-year-old co-defendant Yu-Sun Gasperi of Auburn, Wash.
A third co-defendant, 70-year-old Ok Nan Tenette of Berkeley, Calif., is scheduled to change her plea on Sept. 26.
- Preparing for potential flooding
- Private plowers celebrating winter weather
- Providence Health Care restricting visitors to combat flu season
- Statuses updated for injured Bonner deputies, suspected shooter
- Spokane Public Schools explains decision to hold class Wednesday
- Spokane crews working to fight potential floods