Billings. MT - A Bozeman woman who was intoxicated and fell asleep while breastfeeding has pleaded guilty to smothering her infant son in a Billings hotel room in February 2012.
The Billings Gazette reports 35-year-old Tiffany Michele Hossner pleaded guilty to negligent homicide Thursday during a hearing before District Judge Mary Jane Knisely in Billings.
Prosecutors say they will recommend a 20-year sentence to the Department of Corrections with 15 suspended. A sentencing date has not been set.
Hossner, along with her 6-year-old daughter and infant son, had come to Billings to pick up Josh Hossner upon his release from the Yellowstone County jail.
Josh Hossner said he took their daughter to the hotel pool and when he returned, Tiffany was asleep on top of the baby.
- North Idaho millionare's estate up for auction
- Many seniors, mentally ill patients losing affordable housing
- Demand for new homes increasing, as is need for skilled workers and land
- Pickup plunges over 200-foot cliff, killing driver
- Domestic violence suspect flees after high speed chase
- Two men charged with burglarizing home