ALGER, Wash. - A woman watching a crew take down a tree was killed Sunday near Alger by the falling tree.
The Skagit County sheriff's office says a crew had been hired to take down a large fir tree, but it did not fall in the planned location.
The sheriff's office says the 62-year-old woman couldn't move out of the way before it landed on her.
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Trinity Catholic School breaks ground on new facillity
- New report says Spokane spends $1M on cops in schools
- Spokane man splits top prize in television reality show
- A robot that picks apples? Replacing humans worries some