WHITEFISH, Mont. - A 23-year-old northwestern Montana woman died and two Canadian residents were injured in a two-vehicle crash on U.S. Highway 93 north of Whitefish.
The Montana Highway Patrol says the car with Canadian license plates was southbound at about noon Wednesday when it drove off the highway. The driver swerved back onto the road and the car crossed into the northbound lane, colliding with the victim's car.
The victim's car rolled and landed upside-down in the ditch. Flathead County Sheriff Chuck Curry says Casey Faye Wood of Eureka died at the scene.
The man and woman in the other car were taken to Kalispell Regional Medical Center. They are from Calgary, Alberta.
- New report says Spokane spends $1M on cops in schools
- Spokane man splits top prize in television reality show
- A robot that picks apples? Replacing humans worries some
- Domestic violence suspect flees after high speed chase
- Naked man arrested in community college women's bathroom
- 4 Things to Know for April 28th