BOISE, Idaho - A woman who pleaded guilty to aiding in the beating murder of her 8-year-old son has withdrawn a request to have her 25-year prison sentence reduced.
Melissa Jenkins was sentenced to 25 years without parole for aiding and abetting in the 2009 death of her son, 8-year-old Robert Manwill. Her former boyfriend, Daniel Ehrlick, was sentenced to life in prison for beating the child to death and trying to cover up the murder by dumping the boy's body in a Boise canal.
The Idaho Statesman reports that Jenkins filed a motion in 4th District Court last week to drop her request for a shorter sentence. The decision means Jenkins will serve her entire prison term and can't make the same request again.
- I-90 over Snoqualmie Pass closed all day, night
- Man killed in weekend officer-involved shooting identified
- Neighbors shocked about Blanchard shooting
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- 179 "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting