MEDFORD, Ore. - A Southern Oregon woman who lost control of her pickup truck and crashed, killing her passenger, has been sentenced to more than four years in prison.
The Medford Mail Tribune reports that 43-year-old Debra Gibbs of Shady Cove pleaded guilty Thursday to criminally negligent homicide and drunken driving.
Police said she and 42-year-old Michael Johnson had been drinking Nov. 24 when her Ford Ranger went out of control on a curve and rolled. Johnson was thrown from the vehicle. Her blood alcohol level was 0.13 percent. The legal limit is 0.08 percent.
Gibbs apologized in court and called Johnson a close friend who was considered as family by her two sons.
- North Monroe project to move forward despite lingering concerns
- Bloomsday looking for more volunteers
- Historic Ridpath hotel to be turned into affordable housing
- Problematic drug house in Spokane boarded up
- Local school district tackles '13 Reasons Why'
- Humane Society volunteer wins award for shelter