TACOMA, Wash. - Authorities say a woman in her 20s died after someone fired several bullets into the back of her vehicle as she drove.
The News Tribune reports the shooting happened about 2:30 a.m. Friday.
Police spokeswoman Shelbie Boyd said investigators haven't found anyone who saw the shooting, but that they do have a witness who saw the woman's car slow down and come to rest against another vehicle. She was the only person inside, and traveled about a block after she was shot before the car stopped.
Paramedics arrived to take the woman to the hospital, where she was pronounced dead.
- Preparing for potential flooding
- Private plowers celebrating winter weather
- Providence Health Care restricting visitors to combat flu season
- Statuses updated for injured Bonner deputies, suspected shooter
- Spokane Public Schools explains decision to hold class Wednesday
- Spokane crews working to fight potential floods