TACOMA, Wash. - Authorities say a woman in her 20s died after someone fired several bullets into the back of her vehicle as she drove.
The News Tribune reports the shooting happened about 2:30 a.m. Friday.
Police spokeswoman Shelbie Boyd said investigators haven't found anyone who saw the shooting, but that they do have a witness who saw the woman's car slow down and come to rest against another vehicle. She was the only person inside, and traveled about a block after she was shot before the car stopped.
Paramedics arrived to take the woman to the hospital, where she was pronounced dead.
- End is in sight for Airway Heights water crisis
- Daughter of Spokane officer charged in kidnapping
- Bicyclist suffers life-threatening injuries after being hit by car
- 3 people shot and wounded in Spokane last weekend
- Arrest of man on mental health hold turns violent
- STA launches new route through Spokane Valley