FIRTH, Idaho - A 62-year-old Idaho Falls woman who was attending a vigil for her daughter's boyfriend at the site of his fatal motorcycle crash suffered fatal injuries when she was struck by a car while crossing the road north of Firth.
According to reports, Frances Montgomery was among those attending a vigil Saturday evening for Arnold Gene Taylor, 42, of Firth. Idaho State Police Trooper Aaron Aikele says an oncoming driver swerved to miss vigil attendees as they crossed the road, but struck Montgomery. She was flown to East Idaho Medical Center in Idaho Falls, where she later died of her injuries.
Aikele said no charges had been filed as of Sunday evening.
Taylor died after colliding with a deer just before 9:30 p.m. Friday.
- Woman arrested for South Hill hit and run
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties