TWIN FALLS, Idaho - A Twin Falls woman has died of injuries suffered in a house fire.
Rosenau Funeral Home said 74-year-old Barbara K. Schaak died Wednesday at the University of Utah Hospital, a day after she was pulled from her burning home.
The fire was reported at about 4:30 a.m. Tuesday.
City spokesman Joshua Palmer told The Times-News that firefighters arrived to fine several rooms engulfed in flames. Firefighters found Schaak and got her out of the house. She was initially taken to the hospital in Twin Falls before being flown to Salt Lake City.
Palmer said a report on the fire could be completed by Friday.
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line
- Providence Health Care to break ground on new behavioral health hospital
- Man charged with almost a dozen sexual assaults