TWIN FALLS, Idaho - A Twin Falls woman has died of injuries suffered in a house fire.
Rosenau Funeral Home said 74-year-old Barbara K. Schaak died Wednesday at the University of Utah Hospital, a day after she was pulled from her burning home.
The fire was reported at about 4:30 a.m. Tuesday.
City spokesman Joshua Palmer told The Times-News that firefighters arrived to fine several rooms engulfed in flames. Firefighters found Schaak and got her out of the house. She was initially taken to the hospital in Twin Falls before being flown to Salt Lake City.
Palmer said a report on the fire could be completed by Friday.
- Neighbors shocked about Blanchard shooting
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- 179 "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday