SEATTLE, Wash. - A woman has been found dead in a West Seattle apartment fire.
Fire Department spokesman Kyle Moore says when firefighters arrived 4:30 a.m. Tuesday the smoke in the apartment was so thick they couldn't see a hand in front of their face.
Moore told KIRO they searched the second-floor apartment and found the woman's body next to a charred bed.
Firefighters contained the fire to the bedroom. No immediate word on the case of the fire.
Moore says one resident of the building is displaced but others who were evacuated are being allowed to return.
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River