EVERETT, Wash. - A woman has died in the Snohomish County Jail in Everett.
The sheriff's office says the 24-year-old was found unresponsive about 1 a.m. Monday and could not be revived.
She had been jailed Jan. 7 for violating a no-contact order and obstructing Everett police.
Sheriff's spokeswoman Shari Ireton says the woman had been held alone in a medical cell because of a medical condition. She had been checked every half-hour.
The sheriff's office is investigating the death, and the medical examiner's office will conduct an autopsy.
- Domestic violence suspect flees after high speed chase
- Naked man arrested in community college women's bathroom
- 4 Things to Know for April 28th
- North Idaho millionare's estate up for auction
- Many seniors, mentally ill patients losing affordable housing
- Demand for new homes increasing, as is need for skilled workers and land