Billings, MT - A 19-year-old woman has died after her sport utility vehicle crashed into a creek in central Montana.
The Montana Highway Patrol reports the woman's body was found shortly before 6 a.m. Saturday near U.S. Highway 89 about 25 miles from White Sulphur Springs. Investigators believe the crash occurred hours earlier.
The woman was southbound when she swerved into the northbound lane for an unknown reason. She overcorrected and lost control of the SUV, which went off the road into a ditch. The woman was ejected as the vehicle rolled. The SUV ended up in a creek.
The patrol is investigating whether another vehicle may have been involved.
Meagher County Sheriff Jon Lopp says the woman's name was being withheld while family members were notified.
- Private plowers celebrating winter weather
- Providence Health Care restricting visitors to combat flu season
- Statuses updated for injured Bonner deputies, suspected shooter
- Spokane Public Schools explains decision to hold class Wednesday
- Spokane crews working to fight potential floods
- Police investigate north Spokane shooting