KENNEWICK, Wash. - A 63-year-old woman who suffered burns at a fire in her home near Kennewick last week has died.
The Tri-City Herald reports that Cathie Albers died Saturday at Harborview Medical Center in Seattle.
Albers' husband, Bobby Dale Albers, says she was asleep in her bedroom when the fire broke out Oct. 9 in the town of Finley. He says he returned home to find the fire and pulled her from the bedroom into the hallway and outside.
Benton County fire investigators say the blaze was sparked by a heating pad with a faulty electrical cord she was using to ease back pain.
- Security upped following Manito Park shooting
- Safety tips for people heading outdoors over Memorial Day weekend
- Three killed and several injured in Grant County crash
- DUI arrests still high even with millions using ride apps
- Washington second largest wine producing region in U.S.
- City of Spokane launches Fix-it-Fest 2017