BILLINGS, Mont. - A 52-year-old Bridger woman has died after falling into the fast-moving water in the Clarks Fork of the Yellowstone River at a fishing access site south of Bridger.
Carbon County Sheriff's Lt. Josh McQuillian tells The Billings Gazette the sheriff's office received a 911 call at about 6:30 p.m. Tuesday. Rescuers found the woman's body about three miles downstream at about 8 p.m.
McQuillian says the case is still being investigated.
He expected to release the woman's name sometime Wednesday.
- North Idaho millionare's estate up for auction
- Many seniors, mentally ill patients losing affordable housing
- Demand for new homes increasing, as is need for skilled workers and land
- Pickup plunges over 200-foot cliff, killing driver
- Domestic violence suspect flees after high speed chase
- Two men charged with burglarizing home