BOISE, Idaho - - A woman died and three other people were injured in two crashes involving a horse on the highway northwest of Boise.
Ada County officials say the woman's car hit a horse on State Highway 16 just after 5 a.m. Monday. Deputies say the car then went off the highway, traveled about 300 yards through fields and fences before hitting a rock wall.
The victim's name hasn't been released. Both of her passengers were injured.
A short time later, another car hit the horse that was lying in the road and flipped onto its top. One person was injured.
The horse hit by the cars died at the scene, while a second horse found running loose in the area was corralled. Deputies are searching for the owner of the horses.
- 175+ "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday
- 80-year-old woman dies in northern Idaho house fire