BOISE, Idaho - - A woman died and three other people were injured in two crashes involving a horse on the highway northwest of Boise.
Ada County officials say the woman's car hit a horse on State Highway 16 just after 5 a.m. Monday. Deputies say the car then went off the highway, traveled about 300 yards through fields and fences before hitting a rock wall.
The victim's name hasn't been released. Both of her passengers were injured.
A short time later, another car hit the horse that was lying in the road and flipped onto its top. One person was injured.
The horse hit by the cars died at the scene, while a second horse found running loose in the area was corralled. Deputies are searching for the owner of the horses.
- City Council approves $1.75m loan for Ridpath Redevelopment
- Mail Theft Ring Suspect Arrested
- City working to fill potholes despite poor road conditions
- Wrongful death lawsuit over case of Brenda Thurman still unresolved
- Post Falls company under fire for racist image
- Officer not charged in May 2016 shooting