BOISE, Idaho - A woman died and three other people were injured in two crashes involving a horse on the highway northwest of Boise.
Ada County officials say the woman's car hit a horse on State Highway 16 just after 5 a.m. Monday. Deputies say the car then went off the highway, traveled about 300 yards through fields and fences before hitting a rock wall.
The victim's name hasn't been released. Both of her passengers were injured.
A short time later, another car hit the horse that was lying in the road and flipped onto its top. One person was injured.
The horse hit by the cars died at the scene, while a second horse found running loose in the area was corralled. Deputies are searching for the owner of the horses.
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Trinity Catholic School breaks ground on new facillity
- New report says Spokane spends $1M on cops in schools
- Spokane man splits top prize in television reality show
- A robot that picks apples? Replacing humans worries some