FERNDALE, Wash. - Authorities say a 22-year-old woman has been arrested on suspicion of murder after her boyfriend was found stabbed to death at a home north of Bellingham.
The Bellingham Herald reports deputies were called to a home east of Ferndale Sunday morning on a report that the man tried to kill himself with a knife.
The Whatcom County Sheriff's Office says deputies found 26-year-old Alberto Manuel Mora-Morales on the living room floor with a stab wound to his neck. Medics pronounced him dead at the scene.
Authorities say Jessica Inda later told them she stabbed Mora-Morales. Soon after, police say she stopped talking and asked for an attorney.
Jessica Inda was arrested Sunday and remained in jail Monday.
Their 5-year-old daughter was taken into custody by state Child Protective Services.
- Security upped following Manito Park shooting
- Safety tips for people heading outdoors over Memorial Day weekend
- Three killed and several injured in Grant County crash
- DUI arrests still high even with millions using ride apps
- Washington second largest wine producing region in U.S.
- City of Spokane launches Fix-it-Fest 2017