FERNDALE, Wash. - Authorities say a woman set a fatal fire at a Ferndale house because she believed an ex-boyfriend had been staying there.
The man was not hurt in the New Year's Day fire, but firefighters found the body of a 23-year-old woman who died of smoke inhalation.
Whatcom County deputies arrested 52-year-old Katherine Sofie on Tuesday on suspicion of first-degree murder.
The Bellingham Herald reports it's unclear why the victim Mindy Rhoads was in the home. It was being scrapped in preparation for demolition.
- Update: Northern Idaho authorities clear deputy in fatal crash
- One person killed in early morning house fire
- Viral video features Spokane area airmen being blocked by protesters
- 92-year-old man attempts snow shoeing for first time
- Thousands participate in Spokane Women's March
- Thousands turn out for Women's March on Spokane