FERNDALE, Wash. - Authorities say a woman set a fatal fire at a Ferndale house because she believed an ex-boyfriend had been staying there.
The man was not hurt in the New Year's Day fire, but firefighters found the body of a 23-year-old woman who died of smoke inhalation.
Whatcom County deputies arrested 52-year-old Katherine Sofie on Tuesday on suspicion of first-degree murder.
The Bellingham Herald reports it's unclear why the victim Mindy Rhoads was in the home. It was being scrapped in preparation for demolition.
- Bloomsday Run adjusts to Riverfront Park's redesign
- 4 Things to Know for April 24th
- Post Falls Police search for two young runaways
- Driver arrested after Spokane Valley crash injures four juveniles
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school