Salem, OR - The classic children's game red light, green light has not been entirely forgotten in a culture dominated by technology.
At least not at Willamette University in Salem, where students and faculty this Friday will attempt to break the world record for the largest game of red light, green light.
The university hopes to gather at least 1,000 participants, which would shatter the record of 755.
University President Steve Thorsett will call the game and Salem Mayor Anna Peterson will be one of the witnesses.
The game takes place at 5:30 p.m.
- North Idaho millionare's estate up for auction
- Many seniors, mentally ill patients losing affordable housing
- Demand for new homes increasing, as is need for skilled workers and land
- Pickup plunges over 200-foot cliff, killing driver
- Domestic violence suspect flees after high speed chase
- Two men charged with burglarizing home