SEASIDE, Ore. - A wildfire trapped 19 hikers for a time Sunday at Saddle Mountain State Park near Seaside.
KPTV reports the Coast Guard sent a helicopter to assess the situation and plans were being made for an airlift. But rescuers on the ground were able to escort the hikers safely out of the area.
Meanwhile, firefighters from several agencies are trying to contain the fire, and an Oregon Department of Forestry helicopter is dropping water.
- Former NAACP leader Rachel Dolezal says she can't find job
- Childcare advocates ask Washington lawmakers to invest more in childcare
- Pay-by-phone app no longer working in downtown Spokane
- Street closed on 26th and Pines due to water main break
- Zag fans face cold to catch final MBB home game
- Solid waste collectors and police collaborate to fight crime