SEASIDE, Ore. - A wildfire trapped 19 hikers for a time Sunday at Saddle Mountain State Park near Seaside.
KPTV reports the Coast Guard sent a helicopter to assess the situation and plans were being made for an airlift. But rescuers on the ground were able to escort the hikers safely out of the area.
Meanwhile, firefighters from several agencies are trying to contain the fire, and an Oregon Department of Forestry helicopter is dropping water.
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Death penalty repeal bill introduced in Washington state
- "Liar" chanted at McMorris Rodgers during MLK Day speech.
- Shea accuses KXLY of "fake news," points to story KXLY didn't run
- House fire kills 1 in Peck, Idaho
- Spokane ralliers join cities around country to show support of Obamacare