BOISE, Idaho - A woman whose husband was convicted of killing her lover has been sentenced to prison for stealing $32,000 from a former employer.
Kandi Hall of Meridian was sentenced Wednesday to two to 14 years in prison for stealing from a lawyer she worked for in 2010.
The money was taken before Hall began working for and having an affair with Boise attorney Emmett Corrigan. Robert Hall was convicted of second-degree murder in Corrigan's March 2011 shooting death and faces sentencing on Jan. 3.
Fourth District Judge Timothy Hansen placed Kandi Hall on a retained-jurisdiction program Wednesday, meaning she will spend at least six months in a Department of Corrections treatment program before the judge decides if she should go to prison or be given probation.
Prosecutors say Hall has paid $15,000 in restitution.
- National Weather Service issues Ice Storm Warning for Grant County
- Thousands turn out for MLK march
- Otter orders cybersecurity improvements for Idaho
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position
- N. Idaho lawmaker attracts supporters after punishment
- "Liar" chanted at McMorris Rodgers during MLK Day speech