WHITEHALL, Mont. - Fans of the Star Theatre in Whitehall are trying to write a happy ending for the historic movie house by raising money for a digital projector.
Holly Harper of a group called Save the Star says the Star Theatre provides a place where kids can find safe entertainment and good popcorn.
Harper tells the Montana Standard that movie distribution has switched to digital and few reels of film are available.
She says a digital projector will cost about $70,000, but that there's no financial reason for theater owners Kerry and Karen Sacry to invest in such an expensive piece of equipment because it would never pay off.
As part of that effort, book clubs are gathering Thursday at the theater to discuss "Talk About a Dream."
- National Weather Service issues Ice Storm Warning for Grant County
- Thousands turn out for MLK march
- Otter orders cybersecurity improvements for Idaho
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position
- N. Idaho lawmaker attracts supporters after punishment
- "Liar" chanted at McMorris Rodgers during MLK Day speech