Kalispell, MT - A Whitefish woman is charged with felony assault with a weapon after her husband was stabbed in the chest.
The Missoulian reports Flathead County prosecutors filed the charge against 39-year-old AnnMari Helt Newton on Wednesday. She remained jailed Thursday.
Newton was arrested Monday evening after Whitefish police responded to a report of a stabbing at a residence not far from the police station.
Officers found 37-year-old Chad Newton lying on the kitchen floor with a knife wound to his chest. He underwent surgery Monday night and remained in critical condition in the intensive care unit on Wednesday.
Police Chief Bill Dial says initial reports indicate a domestic dispute led to the stabbing.
Child Protective Services placed the couple's two children with a family friend.
- CDA students fuse technology, creativity and garner international attention
- Carlyle to stop providing assisted living housing in October
- Monday least expensive day to fill up at the pump
- Accidental drug overdoses on the rise in Spokane
- Local businesses worried about transients next door
- Spokane woman writes letter to man who broke into her car